- Meetings & Activities
- PONY Cruise Schedules
- Featured Articles/Essays
- PONY Branch 50th Anniversary Luncheon
- NYC Celebrates Cunard's 175th Anniversary
- 1885 Tall Ship WAVERTREE
- 1965 Maiden Arrival of SS MICHELANGELO by Ted Scull
- Private Charter of NCL Norwegian Getaway as the Bud Light Hotel
- Recent Photos from Rob O'Brien
- Norwegian Breakaway Departing NYC - May 2013 by Stuart Gewirtzman
- Recent Photos by G. Justin Zizes 2013
- Harbor Cruise
October 23, 2011
- A Visit to the NS Savannah by Greg Fitzgerald
- Norwegian Epic in NYC - July 2010
- Harbor Happenings
- PONY Resources
- The Porthole Newsletter
- May 19 - NYC FERRY AND THE PAST, PRESENT, AND POTENTIAL OF OUR WATERWAYS presented by Capt. Maggie Flanagan and Louis Kleinmann of the Waterfront Alliance
- July 1-8 - 2017 PONY Branch Members' Cruise, Rome to Venice on the QUEEN VICTORIA
- Aug 20 - Luncheon on Celebrity Summit
- May 1 - Governors Island reopens for the season
- July 15 - City of Water Day Family Festival
- Ongoing - "STREET OF SHIPS: THE PORT AND ITS PEOPLE" at the South Street Seaport Museum's 12 Fulton Street lobby
- March edition of the PORTHOLE posted - 5/13/17
- 2017 PONY Cruise Schedule posted - 01/19/17
PONY Branch 50th Anniversary Luncheon
Saturday October 24, 2015
by Stuart Gewirtzman
The PONY Branch 50th Anniversary luncheon was held at the historic Pier A Harbor House, a dining and event venue originally built in 1886 as the headquarters for the Department of Docks and the Police Department's Harbor Patrol.
The Pier A clock tower. A ship's clock was installed in the tower in 1919 as the first permanent World War I memorial in the United States.
One hundred PONY Branch members and guests attended the 50th Anniversary luncheon.
PONY Branch founding member Bill Miller ("Mr. Ocean Liner") was given the honor of blowing out the candles on the anniversary cake.
PONY Branch Chairman Marjorieann Matuszek (left) with long-time member Marge Dovman, a contributing writer to the PORTHOLE newsletter.
Former PONY Branch Chairman Ted Scull (at right) and Branch Secretary Greg Fitzgerald. (Photo by Tee Adams)
Ted Scull presenting a program on how New York's waterfront has changed since 1965.
Bill Miller presenting a program on the history of the PONY Branch.
The PONY Branch Executive Board (from left): Vice Chairman David Hume, Chairman Marjorieann Matuszek, Douglas Newman, Mario De Stefano, Treasurer Carol Miles, Stuart Gewirtzman, Ted Scull, Branch Secretary Greg Fitzgerald and Bob Allen.
The PONY Branch 50th Anniversary commemorative booklet.